This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39483 January 23rd, 2005 at 03:20 PM
OP Offline
Greetings,
With all this snow, I am forced to paint inside and can only look out the window and imagine any greenery Duh ,want to build it so it looks right thumbup and doesnt fall off shk (LOL).
Is anyone aware of sites where I can locate good plans or are ther any pictures out there fellow gardeners can share?
I would appreciate any help. Back to painting for now eek .

#39484 January 23rd, 2005 at 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have a small one that some one made me, i'll look at it and see what i can figure out for you...

#39485 January 24th, 2005 at 05:46 AM
hi heres one i built it might be a little large for you.but it worked fine for me.i used sheat metal as a top it has been through many a storm and high wind its still standing.frame the in side with treated 2 by 4s makes it good and solid.i cant get it to copy n post here but you can see it at.
http://www.msnusers.com/MikesFlowers/shoebox.msnw
hope can get some idea of the shape of it.i used field and creek rock on mine.i started with the treated land scape timbers first then put dog wire around that to help hold up the rock useing cement for to fill and hold the rock.then when i finished that i reinforced the inside with a layer of cement.then filled it with dirt.make sure if you do this leave a drainage hole. hope this help you.your friend in gardening mike57.

#39486 January 24th, 2005 at 08:37 AM
Look out YOUR window? Ha! Wanna' see mine?

[Linked Image]

That was the snowstorm we had around Christmas - and baby, you should see it now.

The east coast of Canada is getting whollopped and from what I saw on the news tonight, Boston is impossible.

Only 54 days to go, it says on the banner here . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I don't want to wait!

:-0

#39487 January 30th, 2005 at 02:58 PM
OP Offline
Fellow Gardners,
The photos are great. Northern NJ isnt much different from that Toronto pic thumbup . I have already gooten a pitcher pump and want to hook that up instead of the bucket and rope. My real concern is the roof sca

#39488 February 1st, 2005 at 06:00 AM
I'm not sure if I'm really understanding your concept since I can't really picture a well with a pump inside of it. Sorry...not sure if my brain is just too tired to imagine it. What is the roof going to be made of?? Have you decided yet? You could use a good plywood as the roof itself and then shingle it with nice shingles in the style that you want. To hold up the roof, do you want 4 supports (one on each corner) or 2 supports (one on each side that goes up to the point where the angle from the two sides of the roof meet....I'm assuming you want a sloped roof). Either way, you could use 2x4's to support the roof and disguise the 2x4's by stacking smaller pieces of slate around the 2x4's....kind of like how some people have iron poles as supports in their house and they build a fake square support thingeraround that pole to make it more appealing to the eye.

#39489 February 1st, 2005 at 12:18 PM
heres a site that might give a idea on the top.
http://www.toolcenter.com/JER\'S/stair.html
hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57

Link Copied to Clipboard