This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39074 May 1st, 2005 at 06:57 PM
R
OP Offline
R
i'm growing peppers this summer from seed and i've got some on the go already. most of them have developed their first and second set of leaves and are starting their third. i gave them a feeding of 6-6-6 fish base fertilizer before i transplanted them into the 4 inch peat pots. i want to give them a feeding specifically for root development, so i bought some fertilizer for this purpose (10-52-10) and was going to give it to them at half strength. i'm just curious if this ratio (10-52-10) would be benificial or detrimental? should i use something else? also when is the best time to pinch the top off to make them bushier?
here's a pic of some of them.
[Linked Image]

#39075 May 2nd, 2005 at 03:23 AM
Hi Ritchie wavey
Now I'm no professional, that's for sure! But in my experience, I've never added any type of fertilizer at that young age. I don't fertilize until I have them outside in the garden. I've been told by many that there's plenty of fertilizer in potting soil. My peppers have always done great! I have had to transplant them twice now. They're more than ready to be in the garden ('nother month....can't wait thumbup
Christina

Link Copied to Clipboard