This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38900 February 10th, 2005 at 06:57 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
I had a beautiful English Ivy. Since the winter weather has hit (Georgia) I have it inside hanging in a window which receives medium filter light. Problem is, it's been shedding something awful eek Just the other day, I noticed it's "balding" in the top eek . It's kept in a bedroom where the door is usually closed so it does NOT get access to the elements put out by the gas used to warm the house. Weather permitting; I hang it outside and water maybe once a month. What's a girl to do????????

#38901 February 11th, 2005 at 02:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your ivy is reacting to the change in environment, particularly the reduction in light. Ivies don't respond well to change.

Try to provide as much light as possible when it is inside. Water it thoroughly as soon as the top inch of soil is dry. Cut back long stems that have lost many of their leaves close to the pot.

Link Copied to Clipboard