This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38690 March 7th, 2005 at 02:22 AM
OP Offline
OK...I don't really want to call them pests...but they are costing me!

I love our dove population around here...but can we please lay our eggs anywhere else but my hanging baskets that I work so hard on???

Last year, I killed (or they did) two fuschias on the front porch and 2 baskets with various flowers in the back, because these feathered ladies decided to make them thier labor and delivery rooms... laugh

OK....true...if I had to choose...I'd definately like to have my kids hatch amidst an expensive arrangement of colorful flowers...but ya know!!! :rolleyes:

Then there's the squirrels...how can I tell the fat ones to please share with the skinny ones?

Then there's my husband....Honey can you please save some beer for the slugs? laugh

#38691 March 7th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
OP Offline
Does anyone else have any cute pests???

#38692 March 7th, 2005 at 07:23 PM
My roomate has been known to kill plants. Does that count? laugh Oh! And my boyfriend, too. God he's adorable but green his thumbs are not. shocked

#38693 March 7th, 2005 at 08:07 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
if I had to choose...I'd definately like to have my kids hatch amidst an expensive arrangement of colorful flowers...
Oh, me, too! And, since my "kids" includes doves, I'd buy fuschias for them to nest in if that's what they wanted! They don't call me the "Crazy Bird Lady" for nothin'! laugh

Then there's the squirrels...
I had a squirrel this past summer, finally! I tried every way in the world to get it to stay here, even went to the farm and picked up acorns to scatter in the bird garden here. But, the cat kept chasing it, and it moved on. ters

You might call a skunk a pest...
I have some of those...
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

And a crow named Whiskey Man who screams every morning until I take his breakfast to him...
[Linked Image]

Let's see...there's the wild turkeys that have been chasing my stray dogs off!
[Linked Image]

And, there's this cute little pest I catch crawling around in my houseplants every now and then...
[Linked Image]

Hmmm... nutz I think that's about it!

can you please save some beer for the slugs?
Oh, yeah...the slugs! You don't even want me to get started on that again!
slugs and beer
I've given up on trying to get rid of the slugs, and decided to make drinking buddies out of them!
We've had some good times late at night out in the bird garden...especially the night the skunks drank the beer I had set out for the slugs. So, we had drunk slugs, drunk skunks, and drunk afgreyparrot!

Cindy

#38694 March 7th, 2005 at 08:17 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
laugh thumbup

I didn't know wild turkeys go after dogs! shk ....they are that mean? Glad we don't have those here!!!

#38695 March 7th, 2005 at 09:37 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
They don't actually "chase" the dogs... laugh
There are just so MANY of them.
You can't even count them unless you take a picture of them, then count them in the photo. Day before yesterday I got a pic of 86 turkeys!
It's a turkey "gang", I think.
And they are GIGANTIC!
They just command respect by the dogs due to the size and quantity of them! thumbup

They didn't even hide during Thanksgiving week!
They ain't afraid of nothin'!

#38696 March 7th, 2005 at 11:16 PM
you got a freezer? laugh you could stock up.your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey

#38697 March 8th, 2005 at 02:36 AM
OP Offline
Teehee...Cindy, I was just tryin to get some skunk pics outta you! LOL! So what are you feeding them?

Please be careful around those wild turkeys! grinnnn

#38698 March 8th, 2005 at 03:32 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, I have plenty of skunk pictures!
I have plenty of skunks! laugh shocked
These are just my first two...
The next night, they brought some friends, and so on and so forth.
Lets see...there's Waylon, Willie, Jasmine, rose, Sunflower, lilac, Ace (he wants a tatoo, but I said no), Hank.....and I know I'm leaving someone out here. nutz
They like dry cat food. Actually, they like anything I feed them.
They love Coors Light.

And about the wild turkeys...
you got a freezer? you could stock up
The only wild turkey I'm killin' is in the bottle under the kitchen sink! lala

Cindy

#38699 March 8th, 2005 at 09:54 PM
S
S
The cute pests I have here are squirrels, birds, and racoons, all of which I enjoy. I have a bird bath and new feeder, squirrel feeders, and the racoons are just plain nosy! laugh They're a lot of fun to watch, though. I don't chase any of them away, in fact, if my doves decide to use my flowers as a labor & delivery, then so be it! wink

#38700 March 8th, 2005 at 10:26 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Are 5 cats that knock over plants and a 5 gallon fish aquarium, open wood blinds in the middle of the night, and shred rolls of toilet paper considered cute pests? luv ....well sometimes the thought has crossed my mind...I could not lie!!! laugh

#38701 March 9th, 2005 at 04:36 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Well, the cats and the grandchild are definately cute pests!
But...there's a fine line lala that separates adults from being cute pests or just plain ole pests!
I hope yours were the cute ones! laugh

(My brother can go from "cute pest" to "PEST" in a matter of minutes!)
laugh

#38702 March 13th, 2005 at 05:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
boy cindy, your brother is slow... mine can go that way in seconds laugh laugh my cute pests are the three dogs and 2 cats... gotta love 'em, but geeze... what a mess frown

Link Copied to Clipboard