This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38218 February 9th, 2005 at 08:20 PM
OP Offline
This isn't so much a plant health issue, as the plant will survive, but I just have to vent to frustration to someone who will understand...
As many of you know, I take care of plants in my university's library to earn extra money while I go to school. I had under my care a beautiful seven foot tall norfolk island pine. It was just gorgeous. I would even talk to it while I watered it. Needless to say, I was attached. But one day, when I was off, this wretched woman, who works at the circulation desk, stole my pruning sheers out of the supply room and lopped it down to a puny 12 inches. eek And when I ask her why she had done it, she said it was dead any way, when I had seen it 12 hours before and it was as perky as ever. mad Luckily, the tough fellow is pulling through and has sprung a few new baby shoots. thumbup Luckily for her, too. Else those pruning sheers might have found alternative uses. dev

One question though, is there any way I can stimulate faster growth?

Thanks for sticking with the melodramatic spew.

#38219 February 9th, 2005 at 10:55 PM
You could cut her head off. Her brain was dead, anyway! wink Sorry to say that I don't have any advice for the tree, but I just wanted to let you know that someone sympathizes with you.

Dianna

#38220 February 10th, 2005 at 12:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a killer! You have my sympathy.

Increased light is the only way to promote faster growth. Fertilizer and soil supplements will not do it, despite advertising claims to that effect.

Link Copied to Clipboard