This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37026 December 15th, 2005 at 06:13 AM
Myrna Offline OP
OP Offline
On my job we have 2 ficus trees 1 is a Benjamin and the other is a ficus Alli standard. They were not near any windows with light coming in so I moved them both to the only windows we have ( i do not know which way the face) any way they did not drop any leaves and I can see new bright green leaves growing on both tress now. Duh I have gotten so much good advice from you guys our plants here are looking so much better. kissies

#37027 December 17th, 2005 at 06:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myrna, Ficus trees can be safely pruned back any time. I think the general rule of thumb is to cut back the longest limbs by 1/3 but I've cut back way further than that without ill effects. Prune to your heart's delight and you will end up with a fuller more compact plant. wink

#37028 December 17th, 2005 at 06:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not an expert in the art of pruning, but I know members here who are; if you can post photos of the ficus trees, I bet they will be pleased to give you suggestions.

Also, Myrna, it's too cold for this now, but if you prune again in warmer weather would you please consider me for Alii cuttings? Aliis are difficult to locate locally and I've been wanting one for a long time. They are so beautiful! I'm happy to trade for something you would like (I have a large selection of houseplants) or to send money to cover postage, whichever you prefer. If you are interested, please PM me and we can discuss further what trade might be of interest so I can propagate now in time for spring shipping of rooted plants. grinnnn

#37029 December 20th, 2005 at 06:29 AM
Myrna Offline OP
OP Offline
Sure cricket,
I would love to send you some clippings. I don't know how to PM is that emailing through the site? let me know.
grinnnn

#37030 December 20th, 2005 at 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Myrna,

I sent you a PM (Private Message).

PM's can be accessed through the Profile/Messages page (under "Start Topic") or by clicking on the PM notification just above the first post on any page.

Cricket

#37031 December 21st, 2005 at 03:04 AM
Myrna Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you I get it now "PM" private message. There's a clearing through the fog now perpl confused

Link Copied to Clipboard