This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36749 March 9th, 2005 at 05:25 PM
rozy221 Offline OP
OP Offline
OK folks...as usual, I'm running around at the last minute and not getting anywhere fast...This depressing weather sparked us into taking a long weekend (thurs-sun) vacation. We decided this on Monday, and as of yet, ummmm....well, I know where we're staying and, oh ya, that we're going to the MA flower Show (yeah!), but I haven't packed or cleaned or anything....But ANYWAY...I don't have anybody that could come water my babies while I'm away, so I'm wondering if anybody has any quick tips-especially for the higher-water plants like the violets and the fittonia (what's left of it anyway-need to do separate post about that when I have a minute). I was planning on watering everything before I leave tomorrow morning and moving everything to my breakfast nook so they will all get light (we have room-darkening shades everywhere else)...Any suggestions? Thanks!

#36750 March 10th, 2005 at 02:55 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Is this
thurs-sun
more days than 4????
Just curious???

that we're going to the MA Flower Show
Wish I could go with you!!!
What fun!!!! What a zing that must be to get
to go see one of those places!!!
Please have fun and take lot's of pictures!!!!
Would absolutely cool LOVE to see pictures
this time of year of flowers!!!

Weezie

#36751 March 10th, 2005 at 03:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have you tried the self watering containers for the AV's? i use them, although i let the water dry out occasionally. also, if it is only four days, you could make one big humidifying tray for them to sit on, as unless it is like a jillion degrees in your house, they should be fine while you are away. have fun at the show, that sounds grand!

#36752 March 10th, 2005 at 04:50 AM
rozy221 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys! A big humidity tray sounds like a good idea-maybe I'll stick my crotons in there too. We're leaving Thurs. morning and staying until Sun. morning (I guess this would be 3 nights and 3 full days, not really 4-that sounds better for my babies) The show starts on Saturday (there's a preview party ($$$) on Friday night. Here's the link-http://www.masshort.org/ I can't wait! I'll try to take lots of pics. See you all Sunday!

#36753 March 11th, 2005 at 04:10 PM
Put all your water needy plants in the bathtub, esp if it's a well lit room. Leave them in the saucers or put something under them so they arent sitting in the water and put an inch or so of water in the bath.

Link Copied to Clipboard