This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36653 September 15th, 2005 at 08:05 PM
N
nritya Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I have a bed of canna in my garden . There are about 14 plants.So far there were no flowers. Now one of them has developed a bunch of buds out of which one flower has bloomed today. But the flower was drooping and when I went near and checked it I saw two green worms with little spikes allover their body on the flower. There was brownish residue on the leaves near the buds.I don't know what pests these are and what pesticide I should use. Can anybody help me? Duh

#36654 September 16th, 2005 at 05:01 AM
If you feed your soil, with an organic fertiliser high in potassium and phosporous, such as blood and bone meal with added sulphate of potash, you will get a stronger plant, able to resist insect attack and more blooms on the cannas. Add a permanent water source like a birdbath nearby and you will get organic pest control.

#36655 September 18th, 2005 at 10:58 PM
These sound like caterpillars rather than worms. I haven't heard of any worms with spikes on them before. I find that an environmentally friendly plant feed and pesticide combined, sprayed regularly on to plants keeps most bugs at bay. The one I use is SB plant Invigorator which can be bought on the web at www.sbplantinvigorator.com . Works a treat for me!

#36656 September 19th, 2005 at 03:33 PM
N
nritya Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I guess you are right. As I don't have any pesticide now I just removed the insects and washed out the leaves, I haven't seen any more of them afterwards. I will soon get a suitable pesticide and spray it. Thanks a lot. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard