This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35805 April 11th, 2005 at 08:02 PM
S
Smh023 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Can this plant be rooted from one of its leaves? I’m asking since it is a tree-like plant. And I wasnt sure if it would grow its tree-like "stalk" by rooting it from a leave??
And do you know the common name for this?

[Linked Image]

Do you know the common name for this plant?

hi and welcome to the forum! there's some wonderful folks around here that would love to help you. I'm sorry but I can't really help with identifying these plants for you but I can help a little bit though. You may want to repost your pics in the mystery plant forum and ask there what your plants are. about the rooting stuff i don't know? sorry i couldn't be of much help!

wavey smh023
the first pic is an scheffelera or "umbrella tree"
from australia i believe. i dont think a leaf would root but i do believe that you can do what thay call air layering or you can cut the "trunk" into 3 pieces take the top of the plant and root that part. lay the middle section on some good soil and multiple plants should start from that,and the piece still in dirt with the roots cover the top with some moss,tie a little plastic bag around it and you should see new growth shortly.ahhh take a breath with me i get motor mouth sometimes wink . the 2nd picture is (i think) a philodendron. the selloum type well i hope that i was able to give you a little bit of help grinnnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
schefffleras generally only root from "green wood" or "soft wood" cuttings. and they take forever, but are worth it.

C
C
The second plant looks like some kind of philodendron to me.

Connie

Yes, the second pic of a philodendron. We have one bigger than that and it lives outside during the summer under a tree. In the winter (here from late Nov/early December to late March), it's in the carport that's enclosed with corrigated plastic. The temps get in the low 40's and it doens't mind. Also, I maybe water it once while it's indoors. They're very cool plants - we love ours.
Barb

Link Copied to Clipboard