This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3489 December 13th, 2003 at 03:43 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
muggs

#3490 December 13th, 2003 at 05:52 AM
Oh, my sides hurt! I have such tears from laughing out loud. You guys are sooo funny. What great stories!!! thumbup

Catlover,
I hiked (ungracefully) up on the hillside after work to check on the slow demise of my artichoke plantlets (figured they'd look nice, up there, from my kitchen window.. all big and sprouty.....in my dreams!). It was a loooong skirt I was wearing. Had to give it a big hitch for the climb...knee-high stockings on ladies of a certain age are something no one should have to see.... :p

Oh, and that itty-bitty skunk was facing me,looking me dead in the eye and stomping all of its feet, Hollywood. You were far toooo busy rolling around on the patio and laughing helplessly to see that he was ready to charge!!! teech

#3491 December 13th, 2003 at 09:24 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
ROFL ....Yea Weezie you sure are catchy! laugh
A cat with the jabbers! Sounds like one of my cats!

Ha Ha Hitched up skirt with knee highs climbing... laugh Wonder if any neighbors saw you....I would of been like Hollywood and LMAO at the whole situation! grinnnn laugh That is tooo funny!

You know my cousin who is a vet in Fresno did a research paper during school in Iowa, and found 100% of the skunks on the side of the road were positive for carriers of rabies. Make you feel real comfortable now? Be careful around them. I cannot help it I am still laughing! Sorry I will be serious....yea stay away from them! That stomping (as you know) is there communication of get away or I am going to attack. And believe me they have REALLY sharp CLAWS and teeth!!!!!
Think you need to make more noise next time you go up on that hill. If you two are located up by that Hollywood sign there are rattlesnakes in that area as well. Have you run across any of those? We had them in Hacienda Heights, then when I was in Walnut, and now here in Fallbrook!!!! Now those I don't mess around with although I do have a story about a snake I caught! kit

#3492 December 13th, 2003 at 02:50 PM
Cat, we're just below and a little west of the sign....No snake spottings, yet....
The skunk info gives me the heebies...I see the HUGE mama skunk in the early mornings sometimes, lumbering down our neighbor's stairs before daylight...EEEwwwwe...

Hey, I love a good snake story...do tell! laugh

#3493 December 13th, 2003 at 05:51 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
I will tell that one at a later date! Remind me though!....just think pool, aquarium, cheesecloth, 1/4 in. wire mesh, house! I know you got the pix already! frown
thumbup

#3494 December 13th, 2003 at 06:38 PM
Time-saving condensed versions for the busy gardener.... laugh
I'll remind you, fer shure..

#3495 December 14th, 2003 at 01:07 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Another Critter Story grinnnn

I had the most lovely, gentle Grandmother in the World! She was a chiropractor (the 153rd to be licensed in CA, in 1919). She had patients that came down from Fawnskin each weekend for treatments (that's across the lake from Big Bear, for the out-of-staters that's in the mountains and they drove over 3 hours to see her). She loved to take me on vacations during the summer. One summer she rented a huge cabin in Fawnskin and took one of her best friends Jeanette and me. She and Jeanette were childhood friends and were in their early seventies, I was a sixteen. When I say this cabin was huge, it could actually sleep 12!

On a Sunday evening we three were in the livingroom reading the Sunday paper. It was hot in Fawnskin, so we had the front door open. I am reading a section of the paper when all of a sudden I hear this whooshing sound! I don't think anything of it and continue to read the paper. Then this "thing" whooshes right across the top of my head! I look up and there is this bat wildly flying all over the livingroom. I call out to Grandma, "There's a bat!" This was in the early sixties and I had one of those big poofy hair does. What do I do? I grab the paper and hold it over my head! Now, Grandma calmy walks into the kitchen. She picks up the broom, walks back to the livingroom and begins to chase this bat all around with the broom. She states just a calmly, "I don't want to hurt this little guy." It took her about 15 minutes, but she finally cornered it near the front door and merely swept it ever so gently outside. Now, you ask, were was Jeanette? When she heard me say bat, she beelined it into the bathroom and didn't show her face until the bat was gone! laugh

jc2weho luv

#3496 December 14th, 2003 at 08:50 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
LOL....was it the comic section you had over your "poof ball"? Ha Ha

My daughter would of been like Jeanette....locked away til the coast was clear!LOL
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

kit

#3497 December 17th, 2003 at 05:34 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Hi catlover,

Sorry, I just saw your post tonight. At sixteen, it was more like the Calendar Section. Grandmother loved to take me to anything musical, so I was probably spying some concert or musical we could see.

Too funny about your daughter. I am not a runner, but gosh, I didn't want that bat in my Hair! frown

#3498 December 17th, 2003 at 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a bassett hound who got a lil too friendly with a skunk who wandered into his yard.I think he actually had his face stuck up the skunks butt.was 3 days till could stand to be near him enough to bring him into tub to wash tried the tomato juice and did not work.was 3 gallons of it and was cold as was already chilled and he was shivering(mind you in a TX summer in july) did not work nor the vineger rinse but peroxide& hydrogen peroxide worked& bleached his white areas real nice.I do hope he has learned his lesson with skunks now we live in country.not a good smell either.my bathroom STUNK afterwards.felt bad seeing him shver but yelled to stay away from skunks is a BAD AWFUL SMELL

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard