This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34055 April 9th, 2005 at 04:34 AM
S
sg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi all,
I'm moving from Chicago to Arizona. I was wondering if my houseplants will survive the move. I have 2 Hybiscus trees that I keep in the yard in summer and in the house in winter as well as other common houseplants. How long can they stay on the moving truck in the dark and survive? Just wondering if it is viable to move them this way. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, SG!
What a conundrum. We love our plants and hate to leave them behind but will they survive the journey? Duh
I would say that they could survive the trip provided once you get to the Soutwest the interior of the truck doesn't get too hot. mad If you're renting the truck and moving yourself make sure you have access to them so you can check them over. If your move is being done by a transfer company I'm not sure they'd survive as I'm sure the driver will not be able to check on them. I guess my biggest concern would be extreme temperature changes, hot or cold, inside the truck and I don't know if there's anything you can do about that. grinnnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will be fine a few days or even a couple of weeks as long as they dont get too hot, or alternately freeze. although, i think you are past the point of freezing. been there, done that.

Link Copied to Clipboard