This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32750 March 21st, 2005 at 11:32 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hiya Folks, wavey
i don't know why i do this to myself but it never fails ...lol I have battled with contaminated ground and i am now battling with acdic soil. My question is can i grow irish moss under spruce and pine trees,i am trying to put a durrable plant around my pond so when i have to work with the pond i won't do any damage to the ground cover (irish moss )and also will the irish moss overpower grass or should i use some kind of chemical to kill of the grass (keep in mind that i have 3 dogs)if there is no safe chemical is there another way of killing unwanted grass?? Duh

#32751 March 22nd, 2005 at 12:41 AM
Most RoundUp can be used and then watered off within two hours after. So, if you spray the grass and keep the critters out of the area for 2 hours, then hose it all down, it should still do the trick. Next time you're at the nursery, take a look at a RoundUp bottle and read the instructions. See if it'll work for you.

#32752 March 22nd, 2005 at 01:42 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I've read on here that layered composing and using chicken poo will kill off grass/weeds but I've never done it. Tried to find the post that had a really good discription but of course I couldn't find it. I've tried roundup but the grass was back in a week so I have given up on that. The other kind that keeps it away for a year also keeps anything else from growing so that's out since you want to plant there.

Here is one post on composting but it's not the one I was originally looking for.

compost

#32753 March 22nd, 2005 at 02:46 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I found it!!!!!!!

Longy did a great job with this

Longy really helped me with this. I have a steep inclide that I want to garden and the grass pulling was back breaking.

#32754 March 23rd, 2005 at 02:51 AM
D
OP Offline
D
kissies Thank u tkhooper,Sachis for your reply, the information that you have given me was just what i was looking for. thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard