This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32100 March 12th, 2005 at 09:13 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I know this probably isn't exactly the right place to ask but I don't know where else to go...

I have a woodpecker problem. Every morning, shortly before I'm "supposed" to be getting up (around 10:30AM because of my work schedule), I hear what sounds like a woodpecker having a go at my roof.
At first I thought I was dreaming it because I'd hear it and wake up and never hear it again. But my girlfriend says that she's heard it too, so it's not just me.
I've looked around and I can't see any damage from the outside, but then I have no idea where the little [BLEEP] is even working.
I know he's not attacking the walls or the windows because my house is brick.

What do you guys suggest? Any experience with repelling a woodpecker? I'm just afraid he's going to destroy my roof. I'm also somewhat concerned that this may mean I've got a bug problem...but surely the woodpecker is accelerating any problem that might be there...

Thanks!

#32101 March 12th, 2005 at 10:49 AM
Hi wavey Buy your self a big plastic owl and hang it up close by this might deter the woodpecker.i use to live in a house tralior the sideing looked like wood grain and a BIG woodpecker would wake me up abought day light.wasnt funny at the time but now that i look back on it. it is i didnt need a alarm clock laugh .i bought a big plastic owl and put in a tree next to the house and it worked for me. hope this helps you.your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey

#32102 March 12th, 2005 at 10:55 AM
Hi wavey i also found this site for you.
http://www.woodpeckerproblems.com/install.htm
hope it helps.mike57

#32103 March 14th, 2005 at 02:32 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I'll have to get some scary eye thing like that and try it out. I'm not even sure which side of the house to put it on though. :p

#32104 March 15th, 2005 at 06:15 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I'm so sorry but reading your post I have tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard. Fortunately mike has given you excellent suggests for getting rid of the problem bird. But if that doesn't work get it a bus ticket to triange virginia. I'll pick it up at the station, I live upstairs. And I love birds even pesky ones. cool

Link Copied to Clipboard