This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32078 August 21st, 2005 at 09:52 AM
OP Offline
I need help. My leaves are falling off my rubber plant! They are green and healthy looking but all of a sudden they started to fall off. what should i do? eek

#32079 August 21st, 2005 at 11:39 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Scifibingobaby,
Just so you know,
I'm going to move your post down into
the HOUSE plant SECTION..
I think you'll end up with a few more response's
there...

Don't forget there's lot's to do here in
the winter time...and spring, summer and fall time too!!!
So, just jump right on in...

#32080 August 21st, 2005 at 10:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you give us some additional information?

How long have you had it?

Did you repot it? If so, what sized pot is it now in?

How much light does it get? How far away from a window is it?

What is your watering routine?

Is it inside or outside?

Can you post a photo?

#32081 August 26th, 2005 at 03:06 AM
OP Offline
I have had it about 2 weeks and no sorry to say i haven't re potted it. I am not very good with plants they always die. I have watered it with some miracle grow and it is about 8 feet from my glass backdoor in my dining room. i have misted the leaves. right now it is on my back porch. i will try to send a picture but i am not sure how i have it on my computer and only know how to send them really. How do i re-pot it? thank you!

#32082 August 26th, 2005 at 08:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scifi,

It is a good thing that you did not repot your new plant. No instructions needed on that for a while!

I suspect that your Rubber plant is trying to adapt to its new environment, the light in particular. It is quite common for some lower leaves to drop off while it is adjusting.

I suggest that you move your plant to an indoor location as close to a window as possible and leave it there. Change is not a good thing.

Check the soil carefully by sticking your finger down into the soil. If the soil is hard and dry on top, then you may have to let the pot sit in some water for an hour or so. Otherwise, let the top inch or so of soil dry out before watering it thoroughly. I suggest that you use plain water until the plant has fully recovered and putting out lots of healthy new growth.

#32083 August 28th, 2005 at 11:46 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Scifibingobaby,
(just so you know, I was having trouble replying
to you thru TGHF's mail, but wanted to leave this message for you)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you go to one of these sites, *and there is other's too, just can't remember the names*....

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

It's FREE to download your pictures too....
Then you can attach the URL from the place you choose, copy and paste the URL, then click on the IMAGE botton, and insert the URL into there.
*there will be a highlighted blue http:/ thing there, either delete it or click your backspace button to get rid of it

I hope this helps..
(*I personally like the PHOTOBUCKET alot, it's
very user friendly, and we here don't have to be
members or join to view your pictures*)

P/S There's some other gardener's that do use pictures alot and maybe able to help you alot better than I did, Afgreyparrot/Cindy, Loz, Meg, Jiffy, G~mom, plants~n~Pots, Carly....tons of them know how and can give you a hand if you need it....

#32084 August 28th, 2005 at 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I learned since buying my rubber plant last summer is that they sure are touchy....Mine dropped leaves like crazy over the winter...when spring came I stuck it on the back porch and it really flourished.....I know that when I move it back in it'll lose it's pretty leaves again though.....

#32085 September 7th, 2005 at 01:55 PM
OP Offline
Thank you all for the help with my rubber plant . I moved it back inside and will not move it again. I will not re pot it yet. And will check the watering. It has little sprouts on it and a few of the top leaves still. I can only send pictures through e mail. Thank you all again

#32086 September 8th, 2005 at 04:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you e-mail a photo to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com?

Link Copied to Clipboard