This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I have some beautiful tropical plants and would love to plant them in my garden, they are getting too big for indoors. I have a large Chinese Palm, Dracaena Marginata,a few Majesty Palms. Can I plant them and will they live and thrive outside.

Please Help...

thanks

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi welcome

One of our lovely hostesses will probably be by to move your post to a better location where you will get more answers. I am a beginner gardener and am not familiar with any of your plants. Off of the top of my head I would say that if they are tropical and you are in a desert no they would not survive. But like I say I am not familar with your plants at all. I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tammy you are right!!! I'm moving this post over to the houseplant section where someone should be able to answer your question.....

Thanks for joining us adagiosk8r!

laura smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in las vegas, you get snow. and cold. so your plants won't survive totally outside all year unless you make some provisions for them. what i would do is move them outside to a porch or patio that you can create a "green house" around then in the winter. either that, or cut them back (i do that a lot...) i cut my draceana marginatas back about once every 2 years and plant the cutting. sometimes i give the cutting away, and sometimes i just keep it. they will also survive some amount of "root boundedness" and you can also root prune them.

the palms are a different story. i don't know hwat to tell you about them.

Link Copied to Clipboard