This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31144 September 26th, 2005 at 08:30 PM
N
nritya Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I have laid korean grass (zoysia sp.) in my house and am watering it twice a day.The grass has been growing well for the past one month. Suddenly I see that the tips of the grass has dried up for about an inch. Could this be because of not geting enough water or some other reason? Also I am planning to buy a lawn mower and I am not quite aware of the types available .Can anybody give some suggestions? confused

#31145 September 26th, 2005 at 09:26 PM
R
R
If the tips are truly dry, then it may need more water. But if the tips are more thin & whitish looking and not really brown, then it is probably too much water.

A way to see if your lawn is too dry is to walk on it. If the grass springs back up after it is stepped on, then you have plenty of moisture. If the grass blades break & stay flattened, that is a sign of dryness.

I suspect that your lawn is too wet. Zoysia is drought tolerant & only needs watered alot to establish itself over the first couple weeks.

As far as mowers, I like Honda. Excellent & dependable just like their cars. Also, a mulching mower is better so the nutrients in the cut grass are returned to feed the rest of the lawn.

#31146 September 27th, 2005 at 10:32 PM
N
nritya Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi Rugbyhukr,
I checked out what you had suggested and I guess you are right. The tips are a bit whitish as if a portion was scraped out of it. There are some areas however which are actually dry.I will cut down the frequency of my watering and be little generous to the dried areas alone. Thanks a lot for your help. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard