This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30045 March 6th, 2005 at 12:53 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I transplanted two japanese maples at my new house from my old. I planted them in my back yard and unknown to me, the part of the back yard that held water all winter long. I built the trees up when I planted them because I was going to build a bed around them this spring. My trees did well after the transplant, they kept thier buds. I looked at them today and the branches are turning a yellowish-green color and are no longer red. Has the water hurt the tree? If so, can they be saved? Please help, very expensive trees in trouble.

#30046 March 8th, 2005 at 11:49 PM
O
O
Is starting to warm up there? Some Japanese maples and other plants like redtwig dogwoods, get a reddish or purplish coloration in fall and winter when the weather gets cold, but when the temperatures warm up in spring, they go back to their normal summer coloration.

Link Copied to Clipboard