This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30017 November 3rd, 2005 at 04:09 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I am in MI(zone..6?) and have never mulched anything over for the winter. I did cover my roses with styrofoam things so far, and cut back the peonies and piled some leaves on them. What about the rest of my garden? I don't have anything horribly fragile...perennial hibiscus, dianthus, liatrus, black eyed susans, butterfly bush, Hollyhocks, bachelors buttons,lavendar, malva, mums and some other stuff I can't think of right now, LOL...should I be covering this stuff up with something more than just letting the leaves stay in the flowerbeds?

#30018 November 3rd, 2005 at 04:28 AM
Hi murph! wavey

I don't have the answer, but just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed looking at your album. Great plants,cute kitties, and wow! You are doing a terrific job on your house - I LOVE the renovations you've done so far!

Thanks for sharing... Lynne

#30019 November 3rd, 2005 at 09:51 AM
Murphette,
As a fellow zone 6er, sounds like we have similar beds. I leave the mulching for the spring, cut back most perrenials now, leave the butterfly bush till spring and leave the BE susans for the birds to pick on during the winter. Just cut them back in early spring.
Good Luck

Link Copied to Clipboard