This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29440 April 30th, 2005 at 07:07 PM
OP Offline
I thought I knew about ivy, but feel unsure at this point! About 5 mos. ago I adopted a needs-some-help arrowhead ivy with yellow leaves and unkempt vines. I replanted it in a clay pot with new potting soil, and it seemed to revive. Recently, I decided to give it a cut back, and put the cuttings in glasses of water to root. No roots have begun within the 2 wk. span. Sooo, I am wondering if they root in water like regular ivy? CAn I go ahead and plant these cuttings? Any response will be appreciated. BTW, I am addicted to this forum -- thanks to all who keep it alive. wavey

#29441 April 30th, 2005 at 07:31 PM
wavey dolcevoce
i believe you should see some roots on your cuttings soon i'm pretty sure they will root in water thumbup and do you know that you may need to water the plant in the terra cotta pot a little more frequently due to it being a very pourous plant pot,the soil will dry out quicker wink i hope i was able to help grinnnn

#29442 April 30th, 2005 at 11:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Dulcevoce,

I am trying to figure out what plant you have. There is an arrow ivy, which is a Hedera or English ivy. Then there is an arrowhead vine, which is a Syngonium or Nepthytis, depending on your source. They are very different plants. The Hedera has small leaves a bit larger than the end of your finger. The Syngonium has leaves about the size of your hand. Which do you have?

Will

#29443 May 1st, 2005 at 04:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
either of them can take up to a month to root so be patient.

#29444 May 1st, 2005 at 09:05 PM
OP Offline
One of my flaws is being impatient, so I will try to work on that. :rolleyes: Meanwhile, I will ask one more question -- how often do I need to change the water? Thanks everyone who responded, I really appreciate it. Jane

#29445 May 2nd, 2005 at 03:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i change the water pretty regularly, every few days or week, keeps the plants healthier and the smell gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard