This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29234 February 25th, 2005 at 04:04 AM
rozy221 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all! I picked up a bag of green moss, more for appearance reasons than anything else-it's so much nicer to look at rather than soil. My question is, are there any plants that I should NOT use it on: I'm thinking xmas cactus, spider plants, crotons, ivies, amaryllis..... Also, I finally got my camara working (now we're in trouble!) To post pics, I have to go through another site, right? I can't just upload them from my computer? Thanks for the help!

#29235 February 28th, 2005 at 04:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Rozy,

Green moss does add a nice decorative touch to your plants. Keep in mind that it will gradually turn brown and won't look so great after a while.

Your can use the moss on any plant. However, it works like a mulch and keeps the soil from drying out as quickly, so you will have to alter your watering routines accordingly. Keep the moss dry when used with any cacti or with AV's.

#29236 February 28th, 2005 at 06:44 PM
rozy221 Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks will! one more question: is it ok to water through the moss or should i try to lift it and water under it? Does it even matter or am I being neurotic, lol? I just hate to do anything that might harm my babies. Thanks again!

#29237 March 2nd, 2005 at 04:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do want to avoid saturating the moss so that it stays wet for days at a time. That could lead to stem rot. To be on the safe side, it may be best to water underneath the moss. However, usually when you water on top of the moss, the water passes through and does not soak the moss, so it is not a problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard