This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nick F. Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I inherited a tank Bromeliad and some Christmas cactus that has these really awesome salmon-colored blooms. Healthy plants all. Except they have whitish, powdery stains that I believe are the result of watering with really hard water over time.

Does anyone know of any remedies for "cleaning" them? Removing hard water buildup in the faucet or the coffee pot is easy with white vinegar. Or CLR. But what about plants?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for shiney leaved plants, a damp cloth gently rubbed over the affected leaf should do the trick.

for the fuzzy leaved plants like african violets, they are trickier. i haven't actually be successful with anything with them. they live in spite of me laugh laugh laugh ...

good luck and let us know!

Link Copied to Clipboard