This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28431 October 14th, 2005 at 01:39 AM
M
mhuff Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi guys,
I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me. I bought a paddle plant a few months ago, and it wasn't in very good shape (I have a habit of "rescuing" plants in distress). It's doing much better now, but it's getting really tall, with very sparse foliage on the new growth. All the pictures I've seen have dense leaves all the way up the stem. Am I not giving it the proper care? Is that why it is getting so tall and sparse? I jsut want to keep it in good condition, because I really love this plant. Thanks for any help!
Melinda

#28432 October 14th, 2005 at 05:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey melinda... about your paddle plant (kalanchoe). this plant is a succulent, and likes a lot of light. if you don't have a brightly lit room or a south or west facing window, you can get a flourescent lamp or a grow light for it. when a plant gets leggy like that, it is usually due to insufficient light. hope this helps!

#28433 October 14th, 2005 at 05:53 AM
M
mhuff Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks!!! Now that you mention it, it didn't start getting really tall until I brought it in from the cooler temperatures. I'll move it around so it will be happier.

Link Copied to Clipboard