This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27833 September 22nd, 2005 at 12:43 AM
N
newlife Offline OP
OP Offline
N
A few months ago I bought a little container that had 2 spindly little prayer plants in it, neither had many leaves, I repotted them into one pot,The plant in the front is growing huge, it has new leaves every few weeks,and it looks really beautiful. The plant in the back of the pot has not grown at all,thoughit looks healthy except for few brown spots on the stems. it has never had any new leaves. I am afriad to take that one out and repot as if may do damage to the other very healthy plant, should I just leave well enough alone or should I repot the plant with no growth. How do I know when it is time to repot either prayer plant.

#27834 September 22nd, 2005 at 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you turn the pot so they can get equal light? that would be my first guess.

#27835 September 26th, 2005 at 04:37 AM
R
R
I bought a prayer plant many years ago and hung it in my sewing room, which is on the north side of the house. Grew like mad, flourished, lovely thing. Had to use the room for something else and so moved the plant. It was never happy, though it grew slowly, lots of brown tipped leaves. Tried all over the house, east, west, south, shaded, unshaded, you name it. After many years I no longer needed the original room for another purpose, and so restored the plant there. Voila! Same plant, growing ferociously, no brown spots nor brown tipped leaves. I read somewhere that this plant likes northern light, mild temperature. Works for me.

Link Copied to Clipboard