This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26733 March 28th, 2005 at 05:52 PM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
hey all!!
i hope everyone had a great easter!! i have a hydrangea that is about 4 inches tall(maybe more)that has 4 rather large leaves at the top of the plant, that have developed dry brown edges and a few fuzzy mold spots on them as well. i have reduced the watering thinking that that was responsible for the mold,and moved it to where it recieves less light thinking that would halt the browning edges. o.k. now there are new leaves developing further down the stalk of the plant.
should i cut the top of the plant off and get rid of the browning leaves and mold or will it kill the plant if i do. i thought if i did cut the plant stem just above the new leaves the plant might put more energy into the new growth.
(its an indoor plant right now its in a terra cotta pot 6 inches i believe if that info helps) Duh

#26734 March 28th, 2005 at 08:21 PM
O
O
Since you already have new growth coming out lower down, it should be okay to prune the plant to just above the new growth, but I'm wondering if you could just break the leaves off at the stem and possibly stimulate new growth farther up also?

#26735 March 28th, 2005 at 08:54 PM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you obywan,
i think i will do that and see if i get new growth "up top". great idea wink when i purchased the plant (stop&shop florist) it was in full bloom
after the blooms died off i clipped the dead bits off and really did not know if i should start to treat it differently. so i did nothing and new growth started and shortly after thats when the problems started.
than you again,
phoenix thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard