This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Chas Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have a really nice looking yard except just after I mow. Just after mowing my lawn looks like there are a number of brown spots in it. After 2 or 3 days they are gone. After mowing my grass height is between 3 and 31/2 inches tall. What is causing this brown look??

T
T
I'm no expert but is your mower sharp?

R
R
Some grasses have white lower sections & some have brown. Your mower is probably cutting below the leaf level into the stem of the grass. Like if you hit dip, the mower hits lower than average. Some turf shows an increase in the thickness of the root level an stem level, which requires you to raise your mowing level higher about midway through the summer.

For example, we have kikuyu & bermuda turf. We mow at 3" until mid July then raise to 3 1/2" or we get a "scalped look in places.

J
J
Need more info. Could be disease. Could be grubs. Did this just start happening? Can you post any pics?

Mr. Radio
Mr. Radio
Sounds like you could have had a slight case of a dollar spot, a fungal disease. Often with a light case it is not apparent until you mow the lawn. The taller grass tends to hid the damaged areas.

Link Copied to Clipboard