This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26033 February 26th, 2004 at 03:34 PM
R
Renee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Okay, call me crazy, but I was thinking about putting an electric fence around my new vege garden in the back for deer. It's about 200ft away from the house and probably too close to the woods, but it is the "driest" part of our land and doesn't get flooded for weeks in the spring and fall. I don't want to run an extension cord all the way across the yard. I was thinking why not get some wire, and those ceramic insulators I could screw into the post and run the electricity from a car battery? Has anyone tried this? Would it be enough "juice" to cause them irritation? Thanks in advance.

#26034 February 26th, 2004 at 05:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Renee, I don't know;However, if you haven't already purchased a fencer, go SOLAR, the units are fairly inexpensive and work real good, trust the voice of exp. here, I have used one before and let me tell you, bump into that thing and: [Linked Image]

#26035 February 26th, 2004 at 06:56 PM
R
Renee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Phil, I'll look into those. grinnnn
Silly deer, are already walking around in the area I tilled up in the fall. Like they own the place! eek

Link Copied to Clipboard