This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25954 July 7th, 2004 at 01:50 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I had a huge bloom off my Canterbury Bell plant earlier, and I faithfully deadheaded it. It is just about ready to bloom round two, and just as beautifully as the first time. I LOVE my bell's. cool
Just wanted to brag about the fact that I actually had a sucessful plant this year! grinnnn

#25955 July 7th, 2004 at 06:01 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I love those flowers,
what color do you have????

Weezie

#25956 July 7th, 2004 at 06:27 AM
I have one of those! though it sure grew better up in indiana than here in Tx.I'm still working on getting it in a spot that works,but doubt it will ever look like it did up indy.It just can't take the sun,it leans in the shade& it can't stand up in full shade.My sister grows some rose ones with penstrum at her mailbox.she ignores them tottally,but shes TN...I've got a spot i'm thinking of that gets filtered sun& will lean it towards back of tree to start with..LOL

What colors you have?I got light blue...use to have a white but in seed has all gone blue now.

#25957 July 7th, 2004 at 01:09 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Weezie, I have the white. From what I have read, I shouldn't expect any blooms next year?? It is a first year plant. I only have one, but I am going to the local greenhouse today, and getting a flat of perennials for $12!! Hopefully I can find some more bells. I would like at least one more, maybe the cup and saucer variety. cool
Mine is in a spot where it gets sun at about 3pm, until around 5..if that. Otherwise it is just in the shade. If it was planted forward about 10", it would be in full sun. So maybe they just need a couple hrs. of full sun? I just love it, it is one of my pride and joy plants. This is the first year for just about my whole flower garden. We moved in last SEpt., and I moved alot of things around that were here, and planted alot of things, split alot of stuff, so hopefully next year will be really spectacular!

Link Copied to Clipboard