This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25766 July 24th, 2004 at 06:20 AM
OP Offline
After all the research and planning I have done to put a pond and waterfall for my wife's B\day. She changes her mind. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr mad laugh

Now she would just rather have another flower bed, and use the rest of the money to go somewhere for the weekend. Duh

Back to the drawing board for this one. It is going to be at least 2 tiered, gets lots of afternoon sun, will be probably 9 - 15 ft. wide, and 20 ft. deep, and it is some of the most compacted, hard clay, I have ever dealt with,,
Again,, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR frown frown idea eek laugh

#25767 July 24th, 2004 at 06:36 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Is that why you are "frustratedattimes"??? laugh

Sorry, but all I can say is laugh laugh laugh !

Cindy

#25768 July 24th, 2004 at 06:38 AM
OP Offline
And here is your reply back!
:p :p :p :p eek

#25769 July 24th, 2004 at 06:44 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh laugh

#25770 July 24th, 2004 at 06:48 AM
OP Offline
eek eek eek eek
The only other thing I have to say is thiss.
I love my wife so much, I will do anything for her. Even if it kills me. grinnnn

#25771 July 24th, 2004 at 06:48 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I don't know why women change their minds all the time, but we do! It's a woman thing!

Thank you for going along with your wife.
But, remember, she STILL has the right to change her mind again!!!

Cindy

#25772 July 24th, 2004 at 06:49 AM
OP Offline
Go plant something already laugh

#25773 July 24th, 2004 at 09:25 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Hi Frustratedattimes wavey
I'm sorry your feeling frustrated!

You can make that pond/waterfall at my house....I'd REALLY appreciate it!! I have the perfect spot for it. Hard clay, granite soil....you will feel right at home.

Man I sure wouldn't pass that pond/waterfall up...I love the sound of water running. I have been pondering over where and how for over a year now. In fact I just checked out 3 books from the library a week ago on how to install them....the problem is it will be just me, myself, and I working on it!

You may know this already, but I have found digging as far as you can go and then fill with water, let it seep down.....do this several times until you can dig some more. May take more time but you will get your hole dug and save yourself some major body aches and more frustration/stress. My granite/clay can take from 1 hr. to a full day in spots to drain. If you do this several times where you want to dig it WILL sure help. I was at my wits end and almost had to rent a jack hammer, until my uncle suggested this idea. wavey

#25774 July 24th, 2004 at 08:14 PM
OP Offline
Well, I have talked till I am blue in the face, and she will not change her mind. She did say to leave a space in the new flower bed for a fountain though, so it is a compromise of sort. I think. Duh

As for all that hard clay you have to dig thru, I always soak it good let it sit for a day then till it up as deep as my tiller will go, then shovel it out, and repeat the process, it is alot easier than trying to just dig it up. Well, I need to go sit down and draw up my plan for the new flower bed, since it is way to hot to be outside today.

I am thinking of using roses and butterfly bushes as my main attraction, then fill in with ornamental grasses, and perinials that will bloom spring and summer. I just have to bring in a truck load of good soil to amend with.

#25775 July 31st, 2004 at 08:02 AM
That's so sweet of you - caring about what your wife wants and trying to make her happy.

My Jeff is like that too - he's frustrated at many times. Still he always considers me.

BTW - Thanks for saying 'my wife' this time. In your other post, you said 'the wife'. I would have screamed if you had said it again in this post.

(And I don't care what John Wayne would say).

#25776 July 31st, 2004 at 04:02 PM
OP Offline
Yes, I always consider what MY WIFE wants, and likes. It is the way I was raised.

She always says do what ever you want in the yard, "I do not care". Then she informs me of what she wants a little at a time. laugh Just a comment here, or there. thumbup

#25777 July 31st, 2004 at 07:32 PM
My husband NEVER helps me in the yard, but now that I have stitches in my hands he says he will help me plant the irises that Bestoffour sent me (which could end up a travesty, LOL)

#25778 July 31st, 2004 at 11:26 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Hey Frusteratedattimes!

[Linked Image]

angell

#25779 August 1st, 2004 at 05:26 PM
OP Offline
Bad Nako, Bad

But I like to make my wife happy, for alot of reasons dev

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:p :p :p :p laugh laugh laugh

#25780 August 2nd, 2004 at 07:24 AM
A
A
I'm in the exact same boat as you, Frustrated...see me on the other side of the galley, chained to the bench and pulling on that oar?...

My wife wants me to redesign our front lawn area, and turn it into a "useable garden". We've gone back and forth and round and round with all sorts of designs and I *think* we settled on a final yesterday afternoon. However, as has been said earlier in this post: she can always change her mind!

I've got a 1400 sq. foot lawn that sits infront of the house (East of the House), and I'm planning on putting screener hedges all around the North East (streetside) and South of the area. Hoping to grow them 6ft tall, but haven't yet settled on a specific plant for the hedge...any ideas?!

I've planted three trees already in differnet spots: a crepe myrtle (sp?), a Xitalpa, and a Redbud. Now I have to work out in what order I should be doing the following:

-Pull up dead grass
-remove old and broken underground sprinkler system (galvanized iron...now rusted out)
-plant hedges
-put in gravel path that will wind around the plot
-lay new sod on about 1/3 of the area, and plant flowerbeds and bushes, etc on the rest.
-install new sprinkler system.

What comes first? and then what?

It's one thing to design the thing, quite another to put the plan into action - especially with the ever present spectre of a loving wife's
"prerogative" looming over me! I can just see it three months from now...:"Honey, I think I want flagstones instead of gravel...."

You and I shall reap our rewards in heaven, sir!~ angell

#25781 August 2nd, 2004 at 01:34 PM
J
J
You guys are too funny! Round here, my DH let's me work the "Hair up my butt" off all by myself! He says, that he just wants the yard to be nice, but he isn't around most of the time to help dig it. We are installing a privacy fence ourselves tho.....as the local contractors here are on drugs and want waaaaayyyyyyyy too much money to do it........I would love to have a pond like you are talking about, but we have loads of mosquitos here and I don't wanna add to it.........Good luck with the flower beds and plans............you will stand back and admire all your hard work when you're done and then it won't seem so "Frustrating" lala

Link Copied to Clipboard