This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25046 October 10th, 2004 at 08:52 PM
P
OP Offline
P
My boyfriend bought me a beautiful Calathea about 6 mos. ago. Since then, the new leaves have dried and died probably because of over fertilizing.

Now, it has a whitefly problem and today when I sprayed it for the bugs I noticed many small earthworm looking creatures in the soil. They're about 1" or so long and very skinny. It only has five leaves left and I'm worried that the worms might be eating the roots causing more problems for my suffering plant.

I have only had it outside for waterings so I don't know if the worms arrived in eggs with the plant or somewhere in the potting soil I used to transplant it after the over fertilizing situation.

Any ideas?

#25047 October 12th, 2004 at 01:18 PM
most worms are butterflies of some kind and lay eggs on plants. Doesn't take long for a butterfly to land.

Sounds like more than just a worm problem though. Are you watering enough? too much?

Link Copied to Clipboard