This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24770 September 8th, 2004 at 05:42 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
Is it safe to say that as long as Aloes are making "babies" they are ok?
I purchased one a few months ago. It's in about a 4-6" plastic container inserted in a cute clay pot. At one time I think I may have been overwatering. I've lost at least three leaves. Two were rotten at the bottom of the leaf just before it enters the soil and the other from the tip to about half way down. I'm trying to cut back to once a month now.Do they like to be real root bound?

#24771 September 8th, 2004 at 07:16 PM
S
S
I just re-potted my aloe in a pretty good size pot and new baby leafs are coming out. And some of the bottom ones have died but I like you believe I was watering too much. I have read only water once a month and in the winter once every 2-3 months. But I think aloes like pots just dont over water them.

#24772 September 10th, 2004 at 04:53 AM
My aloes all seem to be happiest in slightly tight conditions, I found that the few times I did repot one it went limp for a long time and took a few months to recover for the large pot. Water is definatly something that aloes can have to much of I water mine about every other month, through out most of the year.

#24773 September 10th, 2004 at 05:23 AM
I have mine inground and water it daily.my leaves are stright up almost.I winter it indoors in a pot in kitchen in front of a window.it spreads more out then& I propbaly water less(I'm not sure,but will pay attention this year.)I got babies.they just show up in july& pot up in smaller pots in winter and go inground in spring.I fertilize them.They can grow in shallow pots that are wide as have shallow root system.Some bloom when are older.It gets full sun about 6 hours a day.

Link Copied to Clipboard