This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24718 February 9th, 2004 at 05:35 PM
OP Offline
Ok, who has a sure fire way to rid a plot of land from these evil little pests. Though they are pretty much dormant this time of year, my yard is covered in mounds. Last summer the fight did not go well. I used poisons and it would kill the mound but they would just pop up in another location. Like I said in other postings I have never had my own land before I was an apartment dweller. With a new home I inherit new problems. Anybody else in the southeast who has beat or at least controlled the fire ants, your advice would be appriciated.

#24719 February 9th, 2004 at 06:35 PM
Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
I don't have fire ants....but I sure got other ants. I gave up fighting them long ago.....and now I only worry about the hills that are in my way.

I found a couple sites though that might interest you.

Two step program

Fire ants
Treat in the fall

#24720 February 9th, 2004 at 07:41 PM
OP Offline
Thanks flower,

Interesting reading. Thanks for the info. I will surely use some of those websites in my quest to rid this land of those pesky critters.

#24721 February 9th, 2004 at 08:29 PM
I buy a bag of fireant stuff at wallyworld is red& black bag and kills the workers so the queen is screwed smile
and I use some butter containers with boriac acid& peanut butter and poke holes on lid so they go in& eat and die.I duct tape the lid on so squirrls don't eat it.but had same results preplaceing peanut butter with butter& sugar...but peanut butter holds up better with the heat in TX

I had fun burning some though...sprayed some lighter fluid on on a book of matches I lit.roasted fireants...yummy thumbup

#24722 February 9th, 2004 at 11:56 PM
Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
Welcome foliagefreak....I learned about fireants this way too.

njoynit....did you hear their little screams when they went *poof*? Hehehehe

Link Copied to Clipboard