This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24575 October 31st, 2004 at 08:45 PM
L
Lolly Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have a yellow lucky bamboo. It should be green, but I don't know why or what to do about this. The water has been changed regularly, kept out of direct sunlight. It is about two years old. Do they have a "shelf life"? Any help would be appreciated.

#24576 October 31st, 2004 at 08:52 PM
What part of your lucky bamboo is yellow, is it just the leaves or are the stocks also green? If the stocks are also yellow your plant might be shot. If it's the leaves you may still be in business! Lucky bamboo is very sensitive to the chlorine in our water, it seems to preform better if you use bottled water and change the water less often. I hardly ever change the water in mine and only top it up with bottles of water that I haven't finished. Has the plant undergone any changes lately? Have you moved it's location! Lucky bamboo dosn't like to be in sun and does well in low light.

Any more info that you can give me to help figure out your plant would be appreciated!
Ali

#24577 November 1st, 2004 at 05:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lucky bamboo is a Dracaena cutting growing in water. Like most cuttings grown in water they don't get enough nutrients and after a year or so begin to yellow and weaken.

If the roots ands stems are still healthy, you can pot up your lucky bamboo in a small pot.

Link Copied to Clipboard