This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24546 June 9th, 2004 at 09:26 AM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I've searched everywhere (almost) and I DO have a Boston Fern. Problem: only 2 places on the porch where they can hang, only 1 of those places are out of the way of direct sunlight and not enough room to hang both. My conclusion:bring one inside and place by east widow to receive medium filtered light and place the other where the shade is. My problem:what can I put in the empty space Duh Was told by the sales clerk "at Kroger" that an English Ivy does wonderfully outside but how much full sun can it take? Will be in the same situation as the fern was...getting about 2 hours of direct sunlight flw I work days from 9-5 and no one's home to move the plant(s) before the sun hits the porch. sca

#24547 June 9th, 2004 at 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some suggestions for a basket in full sun. Portalaca,wave petunias,creeping Zinnia,just about any full sun annual or perenial can be used in a basket. Hope this helps.

Karen grinnnn

#24548 June 13th, 2004 at 11:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spider plants, wandering Jews, Hoyas, Fuchsias, and goldfish plant will all do well. So will the Hedera ivy.

Link Copied to Clipboard