This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24192 February 9th, 2004 at 10:52 PM
R
Renee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I have several african violets in a northern window that has a sheer curtain to filter the light. I've been noticing the past few weeks that the largest one, although still flowering, has yellow edges on it's outer leaves. are they being "burned" should I move it a lil further away from the window? I do only water when they are dry on top, never for more than a day or two. And fertilze with African fert drops once a month. The watering averages to be about once a week for the clay pots and 8-10 days for the plastic pots. I've had them for well over a year now, so I'm not sure what is going on. Any pointers would be great. Thanks! Duh

#24193 February 10th, 2004 at 02:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Renee,

Get rid of the sheer. A north window never gets any direct sun so your AV does not need any additional protection from the sun. The sheer is depriving the plant of needed light.

It is common for AV's to get some pale lower leaves as they age. Poor light and improper watering can add to the leaf paling. However, it sounds like your watering is fine.

#24194 February 10th, 2004 at 05:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually have mine on a bakers rack in the brightest window in my house without any sheer and they are doing great.....never had a problem with too much sun.....they are so beautiful and healthy, I have a pink, white, and purple one. I love my AV's. flw

Link Copied to Clipboard