This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24145 April 29th, 2004 at 08:52 PM
B
BigBoy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone! I saw a garden "auger tiller" today that I had never seen before. I happened to see an 82 yr. old fella using a half inch electric drill with a big auger bit to work up his raised bed gardens. I had to stop and meet him. He said the auger section was about 6" in diameter and about 8-9" long and had been welded to a shaft and then a 6" pointed tip added to keep the auger from "walking" across the ground. To me, I think a 4-6" section from an old ice auger used for ice fishing here in the north would work great. If I could post a pic of it here I would but if any of you want me to send a pic to you, let me know and I will.
It went into the ground with no effort at all and the elderly gentleman controlled it with only one hand. Pretty nifty! smile

#24146 April 30th, 2004 at 07:19 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Big~Boy,

Any chance of you getting the thing called Webshots ?

We have alot of members that signed up for that..
There's two types of versions, one you can load 250 pictures for free, if you want more, you can
pay a small price for an upgrade...

I keep saying I"m going to get one and I'm behind the 8 ball in doing so, but I haven't heard one complaint on them, and all that have it seem to be quite happy!!!

And then you could post your tomato pictures too!!! thumbup

Weezie

#24147 June 6th, 2004 at 04:14 PM
P
P
Weezie,

I think BigBoy's neat device looks something like this:

Garden Auger 1
Garden Auger 2

#24148 June 6th, 2004 at 05:52 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey you two,
I have those, I didn't realize that's
what the little tool was called!!!

No kidding!!

I got mine from, QVC, They are very handy for planting new bulbs (and just starting a
bunch of holes too!!!)

Thanks Papito for finding a picture like for this)

Weezie

Link Copied to Clipboard