This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23888 October 12th, 2004 at 09:21 PM
L
lilitu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Anyone else out there got one??? I bought mine a few months back in a 4 inch pot. She was small. She's STILL small, but she has grown. I've been keeping her inside near a sunny window and watering after the soil has dried, but some of the leaves are getting crispy and falling off. Any suggestions or general care for this plant?
Thanks!!

lilitu

#23889 November 18th, 2004 at 06:44 PM
A
A
Well the only Tea tree I know is Leptospermum (which I have not seen as a house plant here) a pic would be helpful for ID. At any rate if you do have a Leptospermum they all require full sun (very hard to get that indoors, even in the brighest window) But I am sure it would freeze outside. They like well drained soil and do not require excessive moisture. Hope this is of some assistance. Good luck.

#23890 November 29th, 2004 at 05:33 PM
B
B
If your tea tree's problem truly is that it's not getting enough sunlight, you can try to supplement the light coming through your window with a flourescent light. In the past I have used a compact flourescent on a timer, as close as possible to the plant with good results. That may not be enough if it's truly sun thirsty, though.

Link Copied to Clipboard