This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23762 June 24th, 2004 at 07:48 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there a site to view the meaning of light levels? flw

#23763 June 24th, 2004 at 07:58 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Wow, you post a lot [Linked Image]

I'm just kittins, ^.^ you know that. Anyway, here's the terms i've heard and how they apply:

Low Light: Put it in the shade where sunlight or artificial light won't hit it, but it'll still get ambient light that just kinda hangs out in the room. For example, in the shadow of another plant.

Full Sun: It needs to be in sunlight. Like in the middle of a field that has no trees around it.

Partial sun: this can mean several things. Most ways work fine. It can be half in the sun, or half not, it can be in the sun part of the day, and not the other part, etc.

Bright to Low: From what i get from it, it means that it needs morning sun, and then needs to be in the shade after noon.

i'll post more later lol

#23764 June 24th, 2004 at 10:19 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
okay back. Sorry, dad wanted the computer and i'm too lazy to get my laptop out of my room lol.

So ya, here's some more:

Partial Shade: Pretty much the same thing as partial sun.

I donno ^.^ if you just use common sense, and kinda guess what they might mean, and not do the exact opposite of what the tag says, then chances are your plant will come out okay. Like my P-word plant... i can't remember what its called lol. It grows best in low light. Well when it was at the greenhouse, there was a nice open top on the green house right over it where the sun was right on it, and it looked beautiful. I think if you just take the name of the plant, and search "name of plant" "care" on google, you'll be able to find anything you need. That's what i've been doing smile

Link Copied to Clipboard