This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23291 August 13th, 2004 at 10:08 PM
D
Doug B. Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Anyone have a solution for ants in the house?

I have big, fat black ones in the living room/dining room area (up near where the wall and ceiling meet), and small (really tiny) brown ones in the bath. Nothing in the kitchen, so I figure they are after moisture rather than food. It gets pretty dry here in So. Texas.

I've sprayed and vacuumed and sprayed again, even around the doors & windows as a barrier, and they still come in.

Any help??? nutz

#23292 August 14th, 2004 at 03:18 AM
I've had the same problem the past week - ants in the bathroom. What I've been using is ammonia. First I identify their path and how they're coming in. Then I kill as many as I can with papertowel dipped in ammonia. Finally, I made a wad of toiletpaper dipped in ammonia and plug up the hole they use to come inside. This helps, but I don't know yet if it's a good long-term solution.

#23293 August 14th, 2004 at 02:55 PM
P
P
Here's some info from the University of California on Ants

Lately, I have been using ant & roach spray to control the ants that gets inside the house and it seemed to work.

Link Copied to Clipboard