This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dot Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Good Morning...
I live in Nasville, TN. I have an empty pot (12x12)now and will soon have more. Is there anything I can plant in these containers that will take me through fall? I know I can plant pansies but am kind of tired of those. Is it too late to start something from seed? If it matters, the empty pots had onions and peppers growing in them. My tomato plants will soon be gone too and those pots are HUGE!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hi Dot, wavey
Radishes are very quick! thumbup

There's alot of lettuces that are good for cooler weather and such a variety. I have black seeded simpson, green leaf variety, romaine, and swiss chard for soups!
Also peas.

The colored cabbages are fun to grow and they are great for fall cooler weather and color too.

And mum's....

Weezie

D
dot Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, Weezie!
I would love to try some cabbage and lettuce so I think that's the plan.
Your name appears a lot on the forum and you are such a help to everyone. I hope one day to be as wise as you! teech
Thanks again.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Dot,
Glad to have helped!!!
I love helping people, and I love gardening
sooooooooooooooooooo much, can you tell?? shocked
I just like to read! And read and read, and read, and read!
I like looking at the flowers too!!!! flw flw flw

And when I was pregnant with my first kid,
and a C~section later.....with nursing and the cold weather, I had every free catalog I could get sent to me, and read and read!!!
The catalogs' that you can buy stuff from, they are sooooooooooo helpful and so full of information and they're free!!!
Then when I wanted a bit more information, I started buying a book or two, or three, or four or 59....hahahaha.
Then the internet came around and well, we see where I am!!!

Weezie

I know there is other gardener's with some great idea's as well!!! I'm sure they'll be coming thru.

D
dot Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I know what you mean! I'm a gardening junkie. And I think it's just like "motherhood"; nobody can understand it until they DO it! laugh

This is the first year I have done anything from seed. I grew simple white Cosmos and they are so beautiful. And my pride and joy this year is my new shade garden. I've never had a shady place before but my husband built a garage last year and it provided me with that opportunity. It's very small, but offers such a "cool" place to visit on these hot Tennessee summer days.

Well, you didn't need this big speech, did you??

Anyway...always learning and loving every minute!

Link Copied to Clipboard