This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22829 July 6th, 2004 at 01:53 AM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Gang, Guess y'all could tell my computer was down or something because I haven't been posting much lately but... Hi Honey, I'm home! wavey QUESTION:I water and mist my plants on the porch(Boston Fern,Wandering Jew,Spider plant,Ivy)like I do the ones I keep inside;with water that has set out for 2 days or more. The other day I used the hose to rinse off dust and webs from the porch ceiling. I think the plants enjoyed the light spray it received but, will the city water hurt the leaves? I've read that it's not good to water them with city water so I don't mist them with it either. Not enough water got to them to penetrate the soil but moistened/rinsed the leaves nicely shocked

#22830 July 6th, 2004 at 02:06 PM
B
B
Hi,
I once worked for a city water dept. The citys water is stongly regulated and tested regularly for the proper amounts of chlorine ( about 3 ppm parts per million) and ph balance to be neutral 7. Unless your hose goes through a water softner ( which you add salts to) your plants should not be affected. There may be some white spotting from the mineral content of the water, calcium, iron, etc. These can be wiped off easily, and your plants will be fine.
B.B.

#22831 July 6th, 2004 at 05:17 PM
I agree completely with B.B. I regularly mist my plants with city water and they are doing tons better than they were before. thumbup The mild amount of chlorine seems to have no effect.

Link Copied to Clipboard