This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22783 June 19th, 2004 at 09:47 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
OK Gang,
I did it again...Just purchased a Wandering Jew, Spider plant cool and last but not least; ANOTHER Arrowhead (Arrowhead I have doing so-so. Tiny leave emerging but browing very quickly eek ) Wandering Jew and Spider plant had no instructions so I'm seeking all the advice, recommendations and pictures I can get. And as always...THANK YOU! muggs

#22784 June 20th, 2004 at 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep my spider plant in the house in bright light. It does great in my kitchen. I tried putting it outside,but it started dying. I guess it couldnt take the heat and sun.
Wandering jew seems to be one of those plants that you just cant kill. I've seen it in baskets inside and in baskets or beds outside. I've even seen it growing out from under a house(no light,so how did it grow?) Tough little plant you got there!
My favorite tip for houseplants is(if you have a fish tank)to use the dirty fish water to feed the plants(I do it outside with my pond water too,but thats a different story). They thrive on all that liquid fertilizer(and its free too grinnnn

#22785 June 20th, 2004 at 04:39 PM
Meg Offline
Originally posted by gardenmom32210:
Wandering jew seems to be one of those plants that you just cant kill. I've seen it in baskets inside and in baskets or beds outside. I've even seen it growing out from under a house(no light,so how did it grow?) Tough little plant you got there!
Karen grinnnn
Tell that to the beautiful $20 Wandering Jew I bought and killed after 6 months. :rolleyes: It was doing so well, then it just died. It was so sad. eek

Meg

#22786 June 20th, 2004 at 11:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no plants that are universally easy for all. Some nurturing folks who like to fuss over their plants do terribly with plants that thrive on neglect. The reverse is also true.

All three of your plants generally like similar conditions. Provide lots of very bright light with at least a couple of hours of direct sun each day. Keep them tightly potted. Water thoroughly as soon as the surface of the soil feels dry. Fertilize at half-strength. Don't worry about humidity.

#22787 June 27th, 2004 at 12:21 AM
I have my wandering jew in pots and in ground& have purple jew both in ground and potted& have the varigated jew.it needs partial sun for the blooms but are small.
I have 3 types spider plants solid green ,green edeged with white& white edged with green and all 3 are in hanging baskets under cedar tree& have some more in shade bed that returns every year but in winter I cover with leaves for frost protection& am a Z8b so my frost is usually light.

I still don't get why your arrowhead is browning.even mine sitting in water is not doing that.have you looked real close for bugs on vine part below leaf parts?or checked the roots for mealys?

Link Copied to Clipboard