This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22524 May 15th, 2004 at 09:01 PM
G
girlee Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi,

I inherited a 7 foot + yukka last year, it reached my ceiling and began sprouting new leaves but for the past couple of months it has been bending further and further over, i have tied one of the two branches to a broomstick stuck in its pot for support but it looks like its now holding it up !! i know nothing about plants, the only relationship i have with flowers is to buy a bunch and put them in a vase but i really want to save this lovely plant if i can. It is in direct sunlight and i water it about once a week max. I think i overwatered it last summer during the heatwave (i watered it everyday oops). I re potted it about 4 months ago in a bigger pot and added compost. How can i make this plant strong again ???

I would appreciate any advice or help . Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Yours very non green fingered.....Girlee Duh

#22525 May 16th, 2004 at 12:30 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey "Yours very non green fingered.....Girlee",
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!
Glad you found us and Welcome aboard!!!

Just to let you know, I'm going to move your post into the HOUSE plant SECTION, we have quite the number of houseplant gardeners that can help you there!!!

Sounds like you have a great plant there!!!

Weezie gab

P.S. Make sure you take a peak at all the new sections we have here... Recipes, Crafts, Hobbies, add one of your own there or post on one that's previous!!
There's BANTER HALL to get to know all of the members as well....

#22526 May 16th, 2004 at 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your Yucca is apparently badly in need of pruning. If you can post a photo or e-mail one to me, I can explain how you should go about it

Link Copied to Clipboard