This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
I've read and heard several things about misiting. Although I don't worry myself with it;my ferns get misted every morning and evening after the sun has set. After reading a post here it seems it's good to mist the Arrowhead too smile Then there's a friend of my visiting a few months ago when my Dieffenbacha was looking bad that said "No, you don't mist that one,just the ones with the dark leaves." Now, I KNOW that African Violets don't like water on their leaves and I don't have one. I mist as a method of cleaning the leaves. I don't mist my recooperating Peace lily.(it's now in the bathroom so whatever misting it gets comes from the shower steam)Can the fact that I had misted the Dieffenbacha cause its demise/leaf loss, etc.?

Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Mr. Creed says that misting is basically a way to increase the amount of humidity. But if the air in your area is dry and won't hold the humidity, then it isn't really a good idea to mist anyway. *thinks* I mist my plants, but that's how i water them, because i don't want big ugly holes in the soil from pouring water :p

But ya ^.^ that's what i read.

My part time job is taking care of plants in my university's library. There are several ferns in the collection. 4 asparagus and 3 boston.Because the library air is dry for the books my ferns don't get the right amount of humidity, so I mist them, very lightly, every 1-2 days. They are looking good. But if your home has a decent amount of humidity anyway, then I don't suppose misting is needed. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard