This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21730 June 23rd, 2004 at 06:01 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi. I'm having to wonder if the geese destroyed my watermelons and marigolds. In the past two days my geese literally attacked two melon plants and the marigolds - taking all leaves and flowers. Dummy me, I didn't fence the plants because the geese and ducks had been totally ignoring them. I had no problems with them going after the grass weeds and such - but - - this hit hard.

Besides water and some belated TLC - any suggestions (and fencing of course - - the geese almost got me upset enough to forget they were already named mad mad but they are safe for now.

Jon

#21731 June 23rd, 2004 at 07:01 PM
B
B
They do sell pellets to discourage geese from certain areas, so you may just want to place them around your garden. Also--and, this may sound weird--I just noticed that at a local pond that had been swarming with geese a few days ago, both adult and young, someone placed 2 fake swans on the water. No geese since then. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not.

Link Copied to Clipboard