This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21300 January 6th, 2004 at 05:18 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I have a Boston Fern that I purchased while it was still small; in a starter pot. I have since put it in one a little larger and at first it was looking great off and on. Now, it's loosing it leaves at the bottom near the soil and turning brown. I have pebbles in the saucer with a little water, give it a misting about every other day and it's by a window where it gets nice filtered, low-medium light. Please help.

#21301 January 7th, 2004 at 03:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be reacting to the stress of the repotting. It may also be reacting to the change in light. If new growth comes in and looks healthy, then you are on the right track.

Make sure that the soil is saturated when you water it. Then wait until the surface of the soil feels barely damp before soaking it once again. Boston ferns do not tolerate dryness at all.

#21302 January 7th, 2004 at 03:48 PM
R
R
Do you have the heat on in Georgia?

I was having trouble with houseplants every winter until our gas bills became so high that we turned the heat way down to 62 degrees.

I had been misting the plants the whole bit but until that heat was turned down they didn`t even notice that I had been misting them.

Link Copied to Clipboard