This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21284 June 27th, 2004 at 05:02 AM
OP Offline
i have made this and it had worked so far. even lasts through a few rains. i suppose cause of the eggs???

4 eggs
4 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp tobasco sauce
4 tbsp cayenne pepper
4 cups water
(and when i was walking through the produce section they had habaneros so i put in 3 of them too. just pulled the stem off and through the whole thing in)

put all in blender and mix well. let it sit for 2 days and then pour it over plants.

i poured it all over my apple tree (it's a baby and the deer have chewed some leaves off) and around my hostas and lilies and even though it's rained a few times after, i still see the stuff stuck on the leaves! i tried to put it in an old spray bottle, but i clogged the nozzle so i ended up putting it in an old dishsoap bottle and squirted it. so far it's worked.....

#21285 June 27th, 2004 at 05:03 AM
OP Offline
oh but just so you know- after i squirted it, there were swarms of flies for a few hours till it dried....

#21286 June 29th, 2004 at 08:10 PM
Did u know that if you have a dog, you can put its droppings at the base of your outdoor plants? Not only does it keep pesky animals away that like to much leaves, it fertilizes your plants.

#21287 June 29th, 2004 at 11:16 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Plantlady19,
JUST MAKE SURE THE plant YOU ARE DOING THAT TO
ARE...............
thumbup

Weezie

#21288 June 30th, 2004 at 05:15 AM
OP Offline
yea, i heard the same thing. so i was gonna put some in a disposable bowl and put in the corner of my garden that way i could take it out. just haven't done that one yet.....

#21289 June 30th, 2004 at 07:28 PM
Don't be silly Weezie! lol! I know better than to put that on anything I plan to eat. And besides it isn't like you smear it on the plant. (EWWWW!) It would go in the soil at the base. But I think Pagarden may be on to something. Perhaps placing it in bowls at the corners of your garden would work for edible plants. That way you don't have to worry about germs. Yuck!

#21290 June 30th, 2004 at 07:46 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I probably figured as much as you knew,
but sometimes, when someone is just learning gardening and coming acrossed this post in a
Google search or something**....(**some gardener's just like to read and not post or become a member)~So, I like to make sure I always post that under there in case the new gardener reads that post and doesn't realize this shouldn't frown be done.
Do you know what I mean???
That way, I know no one will try it and say,
well, I read it on this forum, etc., etc.!!

Another motto I LIVE BY, is Better to be safe than sorry!!! Day in and day out!!! thumbup
Call me a stick in the mud, or a fuddy~duddy,
I can handle that!!! LOL, but just makin' sure!

That's half the reason I am an organic gardener,
case I forget when I pestided something on which day, for how long to wait and pop it in my mouth.
I'm so forgetful!!!

thumbup thumbup thumbup
Weezie

#21291 July 1st, 2004 at 07:33 PM
Thats very responsible of you Weezie. thumbup

#21292 July 1st, 2004 at 07:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We use Black pepper...A little costly, and has to be re-applied after a rain, but Safe Wash your lettuce well, cause if you are like me...Black pepper :p :p :p :p Phil

#21293 July 1st, 2004 at 09:38 PM
Ummmmmmmm maybe I should not say this, but I will grinnnn It does work really well. I am just not the type of person to put dog/cat poop out or smear that hot stuff on my plants. I would eat the hot stuff. shocked . Anyway that is my soluthin

#21294 July 1st, 2004 at 09:50 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I would like to have the firecrackers for the neighbor's dogs who POOP by my plants! laugh

And today I put lettuce in my bird garden because I saw a rabbit there for the first time this morning! laugh

FREAKY!!!

#21295 July 2nd, 2004 at 05:42 AM
OP Offline
hahaha- you sound a lot like my husband! he just loves to scare the neighborhood kids when they are playing by lighting firecrackers! LOL oh- and i never put the hot stuff on my edible garden- it never said not too, but just knowing that there were rotten eggs really turns me off. who knows if it will make us sick or not. i just stick to the plants we don't eat. oh, and an older lady told me she always has problems with the deer eating her flowers, so this year she used a spray bottle, collected her urine and then sprayed it around her flowers and this is the first year she's actually gotten to enjoy them. LOL my husband just about died laughing when i told him. i suppose it would work i just don't have the heart to do it.

#21296 July 2nd, 2004 at 06:49 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh I draw the line on pest control when it comes to peeing in a spray bottle!!! laugh laugh laugh

#21297 July 2nd, 2004 at 11:08 PM
B
B
Powdered fox urine. This stuff is pretty good. I sprinkle it around the garden or whatever and it keeps all kinds of animals out. It says it'll still be around after a little rain but would need to be reapplied if it rains hard. My sister gave it to me, saying she bought it on the internet. Don't know where. My wife thinks little bunny's are cute. So does my 4 year old. I think they are cute running through fields that have natural predators and natural food and stuff. I don't like rabbits in my garden. mad I don't care if my wife thinks they are cute.

--Bunny nutz

Link Copied to Clipboard