This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21135 November 1st, 2004 at 04:55 PM
D
dcamp Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My aunt gave me two clippings from her kalanchoe plant last spring. I had them on my patio all summer and they thrived beautifully. I brought the pot into the house about 3 weeks ago when the weather started getting colder. Up until now, everything was fine. This morning I noticed that some of the leaves are beginning to yellow. I don't want to lose the plant. I never had one before and am unsure how to care for it over the winter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Donna

#21136 November 5th, 2004 at 03:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason people move their houseplants outside in the warmer months is because the better light and air circlation promotes better growth. What is often forgotten is that plants tend to deteriorate when they are moved back inside in the cooler months, primarily because of the reduction in light.

I suggest that you prune your Kalanchoe back as much as you can stand it and locate it on your sunniest windowsill for the winter.

#21137 November 15th, 2004 at 02:54 PM
D
dcamp Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you Will. I did prune the plant back and moved it to a sunny location. Two other questions: How often do I water? and should I fertilize? Tnank you. Donna

#21138 November 18th, 2004 at 03:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wait to water it until it gets fairly dry, then give it a good drenching.

#21139 November 18th, 2004 at 04:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Donna,

I suggest that you not fertilize until next spring and then only at half strength. Fertilizer is intended only for healthy plants that are growing vigorously.

Link Copied to Clipboard