This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20460 August 31st, 2004 at 12:31 PM
J
OP Offline
J
My jade is the love of my life...the only one that has survived by my non-green thumb. Some limbs have recently started to wither, almost dehydrate, with the rest of the plant looking totally healthy, and has had a blackish looking interior of its dead limbs. A friend told me its a fungus in the soil...I don't know what to do? It is about 2 1/2 feet tall, and about a 6-8, inch trunk. Do I repot? Resoil? I keep (him) inside, and water when necessary. He is my pride and joy!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! Duh

#20461 August 31st, 2004 at 05:56 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
If its a fungus, then its time to resoil. But if its a case of the branches just going dry for no reason, then you've probably got a sunlight or watering problem. Do you do anything like water it in the sun? ur not supposed to do that cuz the sun will burn the leaves if there's water on em.

*thinks* the only other thing i can think of is to look for melie or scale bugz. Other than that though, i'd prune the branches off that are all dead lookin. After that, you can resoil it. Jades are very tough, which i'm sure you know, and they can take a lotta abuse before they die. I've seen ones at work lose ALL their leaves, and then come right back with new branches in place of all the nodes!

~Phoebe

#20462 September 23rd, 2004 at 11:26 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you Phoebe...
I recently bought a new pot, and new soil and repotted him. although I am still worried, it seems to be spreading. I uprooted the part that was wilted, and I also pruned him. Im' hoping that works. He just seems to be getting smaller and smaller! I will keep you posted, and thanks for answering me. That is the best advice i've gotten so far!
~Amber

Link Copied to Clipboard