This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20355 July 11th, 2004 at 05:16 PM
L
lilitu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have a small azalea...bush? plant? that I have been keeping indoors. It started out beautifully-bushy pink blooms, full green foliage. And it was doing well until about 2 weeks ago- the flowers started turning brown and crispy- almost like tissue paper-and the buds began to grow in this way also. Yesterday the leaves started completely shrivelling and dying. I don't want it to die! (except for the new growth...but I'd rather save the plant before that also becomes shrivelly and falls off) ters I want it to grow big and strong! So I think I need some help from someone who knows what they are doing smile

#20356 July 11th, 2004 at 10:25 PM
N
N
Hi Lilitu,
It sounds as if it's done blooming. The leaves shouldn't be drying out though. I'm not sure of your level of expertise, but have you looked to see if it's rootbound. Did you let the soil get very dry?

Newt

#20357 July 12th, 2004 at 05:26 PM
L
lilitu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
No, I haven't yet checked to see if it's root bound- mostly becuz the thought hadn't occurred to me smile The soil got very dry once, so I took the whole thing out of it's pot and gave it a little dunk until it was soaked again. After that I had no problems. Thanks for your help

Link Copied to Clipboard