This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20350 December 31st, 2003 at 07:04 PM
M
marissa Offline OP
OP Offline
M
i want some plants that are tall and bloom big flowers i know some but i cant recall the name so through me some suggestions please

#20351 December 31st, 2003 at 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
welcome to the garden helper marissa. one flower that comes to mind is a hydrangea. there are varieties that get fairly tall and they are one of the largest flowers i know. others are hibiscus and azaleas. There are some more knowlegeble folks on here from your area who will probably give you a better answer.

#20352 December 31st, 2003 at 09:07 PM
Greetings!

My favorites are sunflowers and Hollyhocks!

#20353 December 31st, 2003 at 11:55 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
My first flowers that got me hooked
were Zinnia's, the tall kind.......
They were beautiful and real easy if I grew them.

I agree with lizheaemma on the sunflowers,
very easy to grow and fun to watch as they follow the sun...

And my personal favorites are lillies!! cool cool cool
Oriental's, luv Asian's, luv Trumpets, luv Orienpets, luv Stargazer's luv ....tiger's, easter......

Weezie

#20354 January 27th, 2004 at 06:28 PM
B
B
Originally posted by marissa:
i want some plants that are tall and bloom big flowers i know some but i cant recall the name so through me some suggestions please
Marissa,

How about some Peonies? The double blooms are big, the stems tall and stately. Dinner Plate Dahlias are big and pack a punch, I think!

Someone mentioned Zinnias....well, I absolutely love those plants!!! So easy to grow right in the garden bed from seed! Great for cutting and enjoying. I love to over plant the lot with these and just let them go wild! Of course, before I only had a tiny plot to grow them, but they are really long lasting in a vase, and on the plant, IMO. flw
Where are you going to plant them? Full sun, or shade?

Barbara

Link Copied to Clipboard